Former MP and prominent Kapu leader Mudragada Padmanabham said he welcomed the Haryana government’s decision to bring a Bill in the Assembly on Jat reservations under Other Backward Classes (OBC) quota.
“I want to see how the community would be benefited after the Assembly passes the bill,” he said here on Tuesday.
“I am confident that the Kapu community will also benefit if the State government keeps its promises,” he added. Mr. Padmanabham and his wife went on an indefinite fast for four days and the emissaries from the government assured him that some of his demands would be fulfilled.
“I still believe Chief Minister N. Chandrababu Naidu will not ditch my community for the second time. With lot of hope and faith in the elected government, I withdrew my stir. I appealed to the State government to send Justice Manjunath Commission to tour East Godavari district to get factual details on the status of poor Kapu families.”